I started this little project before we were meant to be going to the beach. However due to me deciding that it would be a much nicer construction if the inner seams had bias tape over them to seal them it ended up a bigger job (had to create the bias tape first) and then ended in a mess of redoing a couple of the seams because they weren’t perfect. The hat then sat unloved for the last month till tonight I decided to finish it up.
I was originally planning on putting straps underneath the hat that attached with velcro. However it seems Sammy has learnt to keep hats on since then so I decided it wasn’t necessary.